Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Martin returned from a 4 day trip to Las Vegas last night. I returned on Sunday night (LATE) from my first solo trip with Henry. Henry was absolutely the best baby on the flights, in other words, he slept on the flight to Memphis on Thursday night and the flight home to Chicago! I decided to check the suitcase to avoid walking around the airport for two hours with a baby, baby bag and a rolly case. It worked out well since the baggage claim at MEM is rather smallish for the terminal we were in and even on the way home I didn't have to wait more than 15 minutes for my bag to arrive. Negatives included that fact that flights in both directions were delayed, but the nice man in MEM let my mom help me through security! I hear this happens often but you have to be nice.
My trip to north Mississippi was full of relatives, catfish, other good foods and inclement weather. We didn't leave Pontotoc but I did get Chick-Fila on the way in from Memphis and we went to New Albany to eat catfish on Friday night. Henry got to swing in Marshall and Mark's old LIttle Tykes swing that Uncle Alan hung from the big oak out behind their house. All the fresh air just wore the little guy out but he loved walking around with his Uncle Alan outside and then taking a long nap.

Other news not related to our trip include us putting the final touches on buying a house closer to stuff - to us this translates as Palatine. Our own home is for sale so if you know anyone who would like to buy a very nice, clean and comfortable house we have one for them!
This month I also attempted to read the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and could not finish it. It seemed like an interesting story, but I honestly didn't really care for the said girl from the title. I flipped through and read the good bits and found out what happens, but I couldn't get myself to read every page. With Henry I've realized that audio books are going to be the way to go for some time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home