Friday, December 05, 2008

So I have been lax again with posting. I hope everyone had a good Turkey Day. We had Martin's parents for a visit with their little dog Cookie. I cooked a lot and we had a lot of leftovers, mainly of cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie- both apparently not faves of the NY crowd since Martin didn't partake of them either. We got to visit with our friend Genese who was in for a short visit from Japan where she is working right now. We visited her last year in Utsonomiya, jazz and gyoza capital of Japan.

Right now, I"m digging on this wacky site that compiles searches on Google by state and other measurements. I am particularly fond of the search for cornbread.

I am also slowly collecting gifts for the family and hope that I am almost through. Every year I have big plans to make stuff and donate stuff and whatnot and I never get around to it. Maybe if I start now the cute ideas I have for gifts will be finished by next December. For example, I was thinking of re-doing this in a Hanukkah motif for the nieces. So far I've been buying stuff off of etsy.com and procrastinating about holiday cards.

I think the holiday card funk is from a lack of a really funny or even good pic of this year. Not a good pic came from our trip to Buenos Aires unfortunately, I feel that Sweden and London were from too long ago. I do like this one from Arizona or this one from South Dakota. Neither are too exotic, but get the message across. Personally I like this one from South Dakota; it has a bit of mystery. But then again, Martin looks demented.
There's always this one of use looking schlumpy in Quebec. Any opinions? I can always just not send a picture and make everyone wonder what we look like. heh heh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bedheaded said...

This one is nice: http://www.flickr.com/photos/77199906@N00/2666717604/

December 05, 2008 4:05 PM  
Blogger MzLibrarian said...

C and I had a similar problem. No photo of the two of us together. So, I took a photo of me and a photo of him and made each one half of a 4X6 at Target. Ta-da!

December 06, 2008 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this one and don't think Martin looks demented...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77199906@N00/2820535876/in/set-72157607068861889/

December 17, 2008 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

November 15, 2009 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home