In what appears to be quite possibly the weirdest assignment ever, a professor is giving a test this week on the book Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama. Now before you judge me, let me explain the situation. At libraries, this book, quite obviously and understandably, is checked out. All of them. Everywhere. Especially in Illinois, The week after the election of Barack Obama! So, I had a little laugh to myself when two students came into the library wanting this book. They wanted me to check the catalog, then the other college libraries, then the public libraries. All of them were checked out. They did not seem to understand this. They assumed the book would be available somewhere and wanted to know if I could get it for them, delivered here, today. I explained that books from other libraries take several days, if not a week, or more to arrive here. They replied with the best question I've gotten all week "Do you think it's available at Walgreen's?" I said maybe, they thanked me, and presumably wandered off to Walgreen's.
Adventures of Monkeybaby
An update of everything in Martin & Amy's world.
About Me

- Name: Amy
- Location: Chicago, IL, U.S. Outlying Islands
We travel a lot. We are getting used to traveling with a little one. I wish I had more friends nearby. They are scattered. I like warm weather and things you can do in warm weather.
Recent Musings
- More details about Max Brooks and the amazing Zomb...
- Happy Guy Fawkes Night everyone! Bonfires and fire...
- Wishing everyone a clean & bubbly Global Handwashi...
- Well, hmmm... another month and no post from me? I...
- A few years back I bought a card to send to someon...
- For Labor Day Martin and I saw an amazing thing th...
- Some things I have done in the past two weeks ( in...
- Wow, a girl quits her job and she just stops updat...
- Okay, a little late to the game, but for about the...
- So my mother has told me not to talk about her her...
Outlets to Knowledge
Old Stuff Lurking in the Closet
- April 2005
- June 2005
- July 2005
- September 2005
- October 2005
- January 2006
- March 2006
- April 2006
- May 2006
- June 2006
- July 2006
- August 2006
- September 2006
- October 2006
- November 2006
- December 2006
- January 2007
- February 2007
- March 2007
- April 2007
- May 2007
- June 2007
- July 2007
- August 2007
- September 2007
- October 2007
- November 2007
- December 2007
- January 2008
- February 2008
- March 2008
- April 2008
- May 2008
- June 2008
- July 2008
- August 2008
- September 2008
- October 2008
- November 2008
- December 2008
- February 2009
- March 2009
- May 2009
- June 2009
- July 2009
- August 2009
- September 2009
- October 2009
- November 2009
- January 2010
- February 2010
- March 2010
- April 2010
- Repressed Librarian
- Accidentally Jewish
- Juuitsu Watanabe
- Endsever
- Hello,Sailor!
Other people I like to read on a regular basis
Wednesday, November 12, 2008


2 Comments:
Walgreen's? Since when did Walgreen's become associated with "place to buy books that I need for class?" That's bizarre. Someone should tell them. Or smack your students. I'll get back to you when I decide.
There is a Walgreen's near campus, so in this case I would say, "Make a friend who has a car!"
Post a Comment
<< Home